Thursday 5 May 2011

Feeling Low!



Well, it's true, I'm kinda depressed. I saw it coming, but I thought it could be avoided. I've had 3 years of constant work, different jobs, but without a break. That has now ended. As of last week, I am out of work. I did go for an interview, but I didn't get the job and once again, something about the interview didn't feel right and I suspect that they already had someone lined up. That's not uncommon here!

To add insult to injury, the wife and I drove up to Torridon to climb Beinn Eighe on Saturday. It was a beautiful day and we really enjoyed ourselves. However, as soon as we started the drive home, the engine warning light came on and I discovered that the coolant had disappeared. I filled it with water again, but the engine was clearly over-heating. I've a good idea what the problem might be, but I don't want to discuss it. Let's just say, it could be expensive and couldn't have come at a worse time. The prospect of being out of work and without transport is not to be contemplated. If I do find suitable employment, I will almost definitely have to commute every day and public transport as infrequent as it is, cannot be relied upon in this part of the World.

So, this is where I find myself. It feels like I've been on a roller-coaster for years. To be honest, there is no real prospect of employment at the moment anyway. Employees are being let loose all over. Certainly not being employed. I haven't been this despondent in such a long time. I think I'll go and make a sandwich for my lunch. Yay, highlight of my day!!!

No comments: