Sunday 28 November 2010

Snow Go!


So, we have almost a foot of snow here right now. I haven't seen it so bad since the day I got married, almost 18 years ago. My back's still bad as well, so I'm having a quite miserable time at the moment. I got some anti-inflammatory tablets, but the side-effects were almost as bad as the reason for taking them, so I gave up on them after 3 days. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to go anywhere and that's a major problem when there's a shortage of food in the house. Anyhow, I did manage to go to the local supermarket this morning, but my back was hurting pretty bad the whole time, worse than normal.

I think I can see a pattern emerging in the weather. The last three Summer's here have all been wash-outs, no real extended nice spells and last Winter was our worst for a long time. This one is already making last year's look ordinary. Things are definitely changing. Where it's all heading though, we can't know for certain. Maybe it's better that we don't know. All I can say is, global warming is only making Scotland's climate worse as far as I've seen.

So far this Winter is the Winter of my discontent. I've had failed interviews, a bad back, time off my work which I won't get paid for, and soon enough I will be out of work. I'm not really sure which way to go next. I have ideas obviously, but more than likely something will turn up, as some Dickens character played by David Jason on TV once said.

No comments: