Thursday 25 November 2010

Down, but not out!


Well, yesterday I went for my third failed job interview since August and I'm starting to get a bit demoralised. My present position ends next week and I haven't manged to line up another job yet. To compound matters, when I woke up yesterday, I had a sore back for no apparent reason and it only got worse as the day wore on. As a result, I'm not in work today, and I don't get paid for being off, even with a legitimate reason. So, I know it's not the end of the World, but I think I can be excused for feeling a bit down right now.

As for the interviews... I don't think I'm actually doing that much wrong. In this line of work the motto "It's not what you know, but who you know" certainly seems applicable. I can tell you for a fact, that in one of the aforementioned interviews, I was getting negative vibes right from the start, as though they wanted it over and done with, they already had their employee. That was not a pleasant interview. There were other factors too, like a distinct lack of follow-on questions, which gave me the impression that I was bashing my head against a brick-wall!

Basically, I'm heading down a blind alley. I still have a few options, but time is running out. I was promised great things when I started, but thanks to the "present financial climate", everything has been turned upside-down. Sure, I'm not the only one that's worried about the future, but it's different when It's actually happening to you!!!

No comments: