Wednesday 2 January 2008

Eat the Yellow Snow!


I'm sorry I never posted yesterday, but I went out after lunch and ended up very drunk, at which point all prospects of a post being posted were seriously dented. I don't make a habit of drinking to excess, or drinking very often, so I'm sure you can forgive me for this one transgression. I was almost sick in the middle of the night, but I managed to overcome it by sheer force of will. I'm still quite impressed by that. Once you get the cold sweat and start salivating heavily, that's usually when you know you've reached the point of no return. But not this time, yay!

I stayed up on New Years Eve to watch the Radiohead webcast, at midnight. Very enjoyable it was too. It was my first opportunity to put my new wireless network to the test. We watched it on one of the kids' laptops in the living room, and there were no problems with buffering or anything, in fact the wireless connections seem just as good as my hard-wired connection. That's something I definitely didn't expect, but well there you go. Isn't technology marvellous.

I've been invited around to a relatives tonight for even more drinking, but I think I might decline. I still feel pretty rough from last night. It was bitterly cold yesterday as well, and it's not set to get better any time soon, quite the opposite in fact, with snowstorms predicted over the weekend and into next week. However, if that proves to be the case, rest assured I will put my new digital camera to work on your behalf, so as to bring you crisp images of fresh powder. How does that sound? Do we have a deal?

No comments: