Wednesday 24 October 2007

The Eye Of the Beholder!


You saw something didn't you? You told people what you think you saw, and they ridiculed you? They made you wonder if you really saw it at all, if you imagined it, or it was a trick of the light, your mind playing games with you. No, what you saw was real, it doesn't matter if anyone believes you, you know the truth. There are just some things which most people would have difficulty accepting, because they're clinging on to grim reality for all it's worth, and the vaguest notion that there are things out there, beyond the safety net, that's too much for them to take.

Then there's the notion that if you for just a second appear to hold water with any "outlandish" ideas, then you'll be branded a freak of some sort, an outsider. Well, that's just too much for most people. We'll do anything to keep up the pretence of seeming normality. So, have you seen something extraordinary? Something unbelieveable, for which you were ridiculed? I'd like to think that most people have. I've recounted some of my experiences in this blog. Find them youreslves, I'm not going to make it easy for you. And, yes I have been ridiculed, but my convictions are strong. I know what I've seen, and believe me when I say that "seeing is believeing!" Certain experiences can change the way you think about, if not life, then certainly the great beyond.

I must say though, that modern life makes it difficult to experience the sort of event I'm talking about. You need to get out into the wilderness, or the countryside, preferably at night or in the dark. City living makes it diffcult to give little regard to anything beyond what's around the next corner and you're never going to have a deeop and meaningful experience in a busy street, that's for sure. We have lost touch with nature. We've embraced technology and it's a cold embrace. Our intuition has failed us, our bond with the earth has been severed. Will we ever be able to restore that which was lost?

No comments: